GUIDELINES AND INSTRUCTIONS
FOR COMPLETING THE ONLINE ABSTRACT FORM
- Abstracts must contain original data and meet international ethical standards. By submitting an abstract, you confirm that the content of the abstract is free from plagiarism, and that you agree to have your abstract submitted to a plagiarism detection software programme, if needed.
- A maximum of three abstracts may be submitted by the same
- An identical or too similar abstract cannot be submitted several times to different groups. It can only be submitted once, to one group. Author should ensure that a similar abstract on the same study has not already been submitted by another working group in their institution for this Congress.
- Click the buttons on the left side of the screen and complete
each section by following the instructions within each
- The Abstract Title must begin with a
capital letter and be followed by lowercase letters. Use
capital and lower case letters as appropriate for
abbreviations in title (e.g. mRNA).
- Trade names should not be mentioned in the title.
However, trade names in brackets will be accepted in the
body of the text.
- References (maximum of 2) can be included in the body of the text (e.g. Jones,
R.A. et al. Science 1986; 67:24-30).
- Linguistic accuracy is your responsibility.
- Abbreviations should be defined.
- Avoid a sweeping or potentially unwarranted final sentence.
- Copyright, if this abstract is accepted, will be held by the European
tips that will help get your abstract accepted by the
You must select one preferred
group to which your abstract applies. You cannot submit
an identical abstract to different groups. The ERS
International Congress Programme Committee reserves the right to
change the designation in order to achieve a
well-balanced scientific programme.
NOTICE OF SELECTION
Abstracts will be
accepted for free communication sessions, with the ERS
International Congress Programme Committee reserving the right to
allocate abstracts to either oral presentations, poster discussion or thematic poster
sessions. Notice of
selection will be given in May 2015, and notice of
scheduled format and time of presentation by the end of
All accepted abstracts will be published in a supplement of
the European Respiratory Journal. Publication on the Abstract Service platform or Final Programme requires
registration by the presenting author. For further
information on programme and registration, please visit
the ERS Website - www.erscongress.org
full content of the abstracts accepted will be available
on the ERS website and Congress App (if any) one week before the start of the
A limited number of sponsorship opportunities are
available to the presenting author of an accepted
abstract. ERS sponsorship will be granted to the authors
of the best abstracts based on the reviewers' scores and
Check if you are eligible for
sponsorship under the "Grants/Sponsorship" section on
the left side of the screen and apply online. You are not automatically considered
for a sponsorship or grant even if you match all criteria. To be considered for a
sponsorship or a grant, you need to apply and motivate your application. Please go to the
"Grants/Sponsorship" section to apply.
You will receive a decision regarding your sponsorship by
the end of June 2015.